Skip to main content

OLD - Week 1 Day 4 Evening

The sun dipped below the horizon and was replaced by the moon, its separated hemispheres grinning down on the denizens of earth. Seth and Ellyn trundled into town on the cart, the few people still out and about looking up at them and the cart before moving on. Everyone was much quieter, the cool evening breeze stealing words from conversations that never happened. The light from the tall Byronite lamps placed around town. Ellyn looked up at the clouds of insects that surrounded the lamps and wondered what they would be saying if they could speak. Seth looked up at the clouds of insects that surrounded the lamps and wondered how he could make use of this. Acorn looked up at the clouds of insects that surrounded the lamps and wondered why the fuzzy dots like the shiny so much. Seth stopped off outside a baker and bought some lumps of bread, and they continued out of town.
Once back in the protective cover of the forest Seth stopped the cart once more and set up the camp for the night. As Ellyn combined the bread with the various left overs, Seth tended to his cart, applying tape to some structural insecurities. They ate in silence as both were worn out with the day’s activities. Even Acorn immediately fell asleep in his hanging perch.
Seth strung up the hammocks and closed the canvas over the cart. They both then dropped themselves into the hammocks and fell asleep quickly.
That night Ellyn dreamed of adventure, a formidable journey that she and Seth had just finished.
That night Seth dreamed of eating a tonne of food and exploding into bacon, which he then somehow also ate.

That night Acorn didn’t dream. Acorn was awake after a few hours of sleep. Acorn was ready for the hunt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driftwood Chopsticks - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 I rose with the morning alarm, the blaring siren that goes off at 8:00 am. I hopped out of my bunk and strode into the shower before my roommates could hog it. I let the hot water cascade down me, cleansing me as much mentally as physically. I dressed in a freshly laundered uniform, a dark green boiler suit emblazoned with the bases logo, a trident with wings and the phrase “ Sub fluctibus Salutis ” which is more or less latin for, it is safe under the waves. After checking that I had all my things, I shouldered my bag, and headed for school with Riza, who had already unbuttoned the top two buttons on the uniform. We both agreed that trying to face the morning rush hour wasn’t worth it, so we took the more “express” route. An air vent near to our room had a broken lock so you could just climb in and follow the vents to your destination, it had taken us about a year's worth of free time to find the correct route. I was grateful for the padding on the knees and elbows ...

OLD - Week 1 Day 5 Evening

As the sun dipped below the horizon, once more hidden by the hills in the distance, they rode the cart through some woods to a large building standing on its own in a concreted plaza. Seth parked outside and Acorn was left to guard the cart again. Without the sun the wind was quickly chilling them and Ellyn began to shiver. Seth noticed and took off his jumper and draped it over her shoulders, she did not protest. Ellyn saw that Seth was wearing a black long sleeved shirt; it had some sort of crest on it which she did not recognise. They quickly hurried towards the building; it was a large building with a clock on the outside, which was not working. The windows were boarded up but there was light streaming from the gaps, and voices could be heard from within. Seth linked arms with Ellyn to keep her close, he muttered something about appearances and it’s her first time but most of his words were stolen by the wind. They approached the bouncer at the door, a wall of a man that stood wi...

Worlds Adrift Creative Writing Contest Entry

Hey guys, so worlds adrift, an in development game i'm following, recently started a creative writing contest, where the reward is to have the winners entry in game as a piece of collectable lore! Any-who this is my entry to the contest, and the names are not linked to my other bits! Oh yeah and it is limited to 500 words. I looked up at the clear blue sky, enjoying the cool breeze run across my skin, our ship creaked a gust of wind brought the scent of pollen. My brother called me over, he said that he had found something. I turned from the edge and jogged back towards the ruins. He was trying to move a stone pillar that had fallen over, but underneath it I could see his discovery. A small gold coin lay pressed into the dirt, I could already tell that it was old. Lorus held the pillar steady as I crawled underneath it. I used my trusty knife to pry the coin from the ground and I quickly retreated from under the pillar. Lorus dropped it with a thud and a small cloud of dust ...